SIGNS TO MARS
Case Study for Way-finding Signs to Mars
For this project we had to come up with ideas about way-finding signage.
I had the idea to create way-finding signs to Mars, so Ellon would not lose his SpaceX clients in Orbit. To keep them safe and well informed all throughout the journey.
To develop a Concept Proof for 'Client' about Way-finding signs in Mars. This was one of the most exciting projects to develop. The idea was to create signs for this journey from Earth to Mars for humans to have a great experience in space and not get lost.
1. Creating the Brief
2. Competitive Analysis (NO competitors for such thing like this YET)
5. Research about 3 main Space Agencies
IDEATION AND FIRST DRAFT
MOODBOARD AND RESEARCH
CONCEPT FOR ANIMATION
This signage concept diverges from normal Sings because it cannot be printed. Also due to the lack of gravity and unknowns it has to be available quickly and closer to Space Travelers.
Here are some of the ideas for possible Way-finding signs on this journey to Mars.
• Bathroom signs (ops! sorry not here guys)
• Screens to depict the distance of the journey
• Gravity Screen (Traveler can activate and be surrounded by this Hologram chamber that will read important info about him)
• User can access all info about the journey through their holograms on their 'space watch'
• While in 'Pit stop' in Space, Astronaut or Space Traveler could access more info about location and important data related to the journey.
• Complete Body screen for Health Data. The idea was to screen the human body to show any sort of contamination before landing Mars (which in this case it was contaminated with COVID-19).
• Upon arrival Space Traveler can see location on the Hologram sign.
• Futuristic City displayed for client of concept City designed by SpaceX.
For the experience to look more realistic, I decided to give a Concept proof as if the viewer is going on a journey to Mars.
Leaving Earth and arriving at the red planet. The 'City' concept was inspired by the research and findings of Ellon Musk's idea of creating this Habitat in Mars.
Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Dimension
Procreate (for the Sketches)
Photos: Free Stock Photos
Creative Director: Steve Hays
Art Direction: Nadia Otake
Design and Animation: Nadia Otake
FINAL VIDEO PRESENTATION